Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Not a Carver Yet...

Looks like i've got at least another week to wait before i get my first knife. I've been carving (making a mess) with an xacto knife. Not the best of tools and i think i'm gonna stop now until i get a real carving knife.

So for now i read the forum posts at WoodcarvingIllustrated.com do my research and try to draw as many of the ideas filling up my head as i can until my frist knife arrives.

In a few short weeks i'll be heading for the Niagara Wood Carving Show and since i should hav a knife by next week i hope to have my first carving done by then so i have a better feel for the art and can get myself a few more supplies.

Until then I'll be posting some of my drawings and ideas. maybe even a pic of the rough face i started with the xacto.

No comments:

Post a Comment